APV Amsterdam - Article 2.16 and article 2.11, third sub.
Note: this is an old version which is not applicable any longer.
Click here for the current version.
This text is translated into English for your convenience at straattheater.info.
However, this is NO official release. Only the original Dutch version is applicable.
Article 2.16 (Street performer and music).
1. It is prohibited to perform music or as a street performer at by the Mayor described places and times.
2. At other than the under the first sub mentioned places it is prohibited to perform music or as a street performer without license of the Mayor.
3. Concerning the performing of music, the under sub 2 stated is not applicable if:
a the music is performed by a maximum of six persons;
b no sound amplifying devices or percussion instruments, such as drums, bongo's et cetera are being used;
c the performance does not exceed half an hour;
d the performance does not take place between 23.00 and 9.00 hours.
4. If based upon this article a license is obligational, the Mayor can consider the interests implied in article 2.11 third sub.
Article 2.11 (Events), third sub.
3. In response to the application for a license the Mayor can consider the following interests:
a the usage of space, time and assisting public services;
b the amount of visitors being expected;
c if the kind of event fits within the character or purpose of the requested location;
d if danger exists for the public order, health or safety, including the fire safety and the interest in avoiding disorder;
e if danger exists for obstruction of the traffic;
f if danger exists for a disproportionate pressure on the living climate within the surroundings of the event;
g if danger exists for pollution, negative effects on the sight of the town, damages to the flora, fauna or public means or services;
h if theorganizer offers or can offer sufficient guarantees for an orderly proceeding of the event, considering the previous mentioned;
i if the organizer offers sufficient guarantees to avoid damage to the environment, or to limit this to maximum extend.